Position: Day Camp Coordinator
Accountable to: Factor
Position dates: June 24th – August 25th 2018
Posted: February 21st, 2018
The Summer Day Camp Director is responsible for the organization and implementation
of the summer day camp program at Tamaracouta Scout Reserve, in accordance with Scouts Canada’s Bylaws, Policies, and Procedures. S(he) will assure day camp safety, oversee day camp staff, maintain good relations with campers and parents and administer the daily operations of the day camp.
- Create (with assistance), update and distribute information handouts for parents.
- Maintain up to date records of day camp attendance and ensure all camper information is collected and complete.
- With the Factor and senior staff, coordinate all staff training and programs.
- Make staff aware of behavioral and performance expectations and ensure these are met on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct mid- and end of season staff evaluations.
- Implement the day camp program.
- In cooperation with the Summer Program Coordinator/ STEM Coordinator, ensure all program needs and applications are met.
- Maintain a dialogue between the Factor, as well as the Senior staff at Camp Tamaracouta.
- Maintain professionalism.
- Maintain excellent PR on behalf of the
organization and its patrons.
- Keep an up to date inventory of all craft materials, office
materials, and day camp-related items.
- Help out with other duties outside of this description should the occasion occur
Fluency in English and French (written and spoken); a post-secondary education with experience in the recreational field or equivalent experience in Scouting or other youth organizations; exceptional communication skills both verbal and written; excellent problem-solving skills; ability to learn quickly, make decisions and work effectively in a team; willingness to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment; ability to work well under pressure to meet specific targets; knowledge of Microsoft Office, file management and related computer skills; knowledge of day camp operations.
Minimum of 18 years of age, Standard First Aid Certification, provide a completed police check/ vulnerable sector screening, complete Scouts Canada Woodbadge 1 training, complete the Respect in Sport training
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org